|Job Title:||Biomass Forester||Job Category:||Fulltime Salaried|
|Department/Group:||GREC Procurement Division||Position No.:||GREC-02|
|Location:||Gainesville, Florida||Travel Required:||Local travel- little overnight travel required.|
|Level/Salary Range:||Commensurate with Experience and Abilities||Position Start Date:||April 15, 2013|
|Immediate Supervisor:||GREC Procurement Manager||Supervises Employees?||No|
|Will Train Applicant(s):||Some training provided||Posting Expires:||4/1/2013|
|Applications Accepted By:|
|Fax or E-mail:
Subject Line: GREC Biomass Forester position
Attention: Brian Condon
BioResource Management, Inc.
Attn: GREC Procurement
4249 NW 56th Way
Gainesville, FL 32606
The Gainesville Renewable Energy Center (GREC) is a new 100 MW biomass fired electric generation facility slated for commercial operation in the fourth quarter of 2013. The Biomass Forester will assist with management of forest-sourced biomass supply for delivery to the GREC facility located at 11201 NW US Hwy 441, Gainesville, FL 32653 to insure compliance with sustainability, environmental, and safety standards.
1) FOREST-SOURCED BIOMASS AND MINIMUM SUSTAINABILITY STANDARDS (MSS)
a) Evaluate acceptability of forest-sourced material
b) Receive, organize, and evaluate documentation related to each forest tract
c) Evaluate each tract’s compliance with MSS
d) Conduct field inspection of forestry practices and report on same
e) Archive in digital format all documents relating to each tract
f) Monitor internal and supplier compliance with MSS
g) Make periodic random checks of MSS recordkeeping
2) Coordinate annual sustainability and best practices seminar for wood suppliers
3) Coordinate external audit
a) Plan structure and logistics of audit
b) Facilitate access to all documents and harvest sites
4) Administer Forest Stewardship Incentive Payments (FSIP)
a) Evaluate applications and supporting documentation for FSIP
b) Process FSIP payment and forward reimbursement information to GRU
5) Be responsible for and coordinate safety training and compliance oversight with GREC facility management, for employees, contractors, vendors and visitors
6) Develop and present information to public on the biomass activities related to the GREC facility
7) Other duties as assigned
1) Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry or related discipline from a four year accredited university.
2) At least two years’ professional experience in forestry, forest products, or biomass production.
3) Experience and skills in using office software including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, and experience with ESRI GIS software.
4) Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with forestry producers, interested public agencies and organizations, and industrial and utility management at the facility.
5) Accreditation by the Society of American Foresters as a Certified Forester or Candidate Certified Forester.
6) Familiarity with industrial and utility safety rules and regulations.
7) Valid Driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
1) BioResource Management, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment and periodic drug testing will be employed.
2) All work-related travel expenses paid by company.
3) Position includes benefits such as paid leave, sick leave, health insurance, retirement plan.