Open & closing dates
11/27/2017 to 12/06/2017
$72,168 to $93,821 per year
Pay scale & grade
Looking for a great place to work? The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is one of the best! In 2016, USACE ranked number two of government large-agency subcomponents! As rated by their employees, USACE supervisors strongly support employee development and opportunities to demonstrate leadership skills, while also maintaining an optimal work/life balance. The Corps offers a team-inspiring and collaborative work environment; providing challenging and rewarding careers across a variety of disciplines.
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
The District is located near downtown Jacksonville with easy access to a major interstate highway, flexi-time work schedule with credit hour option, workspace cubicles in a corporate business setting with security, free parking with shuttle bus service, eating facilities within building and nearby, onsite ATMs and gym. More information about the Jacksonville District is located at http://www.saj.usace.army.mil/.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Serves as a coral and benthic marine resource technical specialist on navigation and coastal civil works projects in the Coastal Section, Environmental Branch, Planning Division.
- Collects, analyzes, and evaluates data needed to prepare reports concerning water resources development and controversial navigation and coastal planning studies.
- Prepares scopes of work and cost estimates, as well as necessary evaluation factors for professional contracts.
- Coordinates work and studies with other interested Federal, state, and local government agencies, and cooperates with private concerned conservation groups.
- Attends meetings to assure environmental concerns are considered and provides input and provides input as required.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)