Aquatic Ecosystem Research Assistant
The Stream and River Ecology Laboratory in the School of Environment and Natural Resources at The Ohio State University seeks a skilled research assistant/technician to support multiple active research projects related to stream and wetland fish conservation, antimicrobial resistant bacteria in surface waters, nutrient enrichment/HABs, and the impacts of urbanization on streams.
Duties will include a combination of field and laboratory work, laboratory analysis, data entry and analysis, and training and supervising undergraduate researchers. During peaks in fieldwork, applicants should expect long hours of physically demanding work and a 6-7 day/wk schedule.
1) the ability to work independently
2) demonstrated field experience in aquatic sampling methods
3) statistical experience using R
4) MSc in a related field, and a valid driver’s license
To apply, please send the following as a collated PDF document to Dr. Maeika Sullivan (firstname.lastname@example.org):
1) a letter of interest highlighting your interest, relevant experience, and dates of availability;
2) a CV
3) the names and contact information for three references.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Deadline: 30 Sept 2020.