The Agricultural Sciences team, part of Disney’s Animals, Science & Environment, offers Professional Internships designed to provide qualified college students with the opportunity for hands-on work experience in the unique growing areas that are part of Living with The Land, an agricultural attraction at Epcot®
Responsibilities: In addition to maintaining the show quality of our growing areas, aquaculture systems and biotechnology lab, interns will spend a significant amount of time leading informative and interactive guest tours through our facilities, along with promoting and selling these tours. Additional training sessions, classes and meetings will be scheduled throughout the semester.
Other duties vary by discipline:
Aquaculture: Operate a recirculating freshwater aquaculture facility. Monitor filtration systems and water quality, assist in diagnosis and control of disease, and raise fish to marketable size for Walt Disney World® restaurants.
Biotechnology: Maintain a tissue culture production facility. Prepare media and culture a wide variety of plants. Then, collect, package and deliver the tissue-cultured plants to Epcot® merchandise locations.
Entomology: Become an integral part of The Land’s Integrated Pest Management program. Rear and maintain insect colonies, release beneficial insects into greenhouse crops, and maintain entomology related shows.
Plant Science: Maintain a high-quality show of hydroponically grown food crops from around the globe. Seed, transplant, irrigate and prune plants; harvest produce for Epcot® restaurants; rake, sweep, and provide general cleanup of greenhouses
- College student or recent graduate (must apply within six months of graduation) with background and/or major in agriculture, plant science, horticulture, biology, biotechnology, entomology, aquaculture, education, or related field.
- Team player with demonstrated verbal communication skills and the ability to interact positively with both Walt Disney World® Guests and fellow Cast Members.
- Demonstrated work ethic, reliable transportation, and willingness to work on a flexible schedule.
- Willingness and ability to adhere to the Walt Disney World® personal appearance standards.
- Completed online application
How to Apply: Go to http://disneyinterns.com/science. Search for Agricultural Sciences. Select the internship(s) you are interested in applying for, and fill out the application(s). On your application, please upload your resume, cover letter and current transcripts (including your name, cumulative GPA, and any courses you are currently taking). Call or email us with any questions. Telephone: (407) 560-7256 Email: email@example.com
Winter/Spring 2018: January 2018- June 2018
Summer/Fall 2018: June 2018 – January 2019
Winter/Spring 2019: January 2019 – June 2019