Position: Agri Inspector
Agency: Arkansas Livestock & Poultry Commission
Location: North Central Arkansas
Entry Level Salary: $36,155
How to apply: http://www.arstatejobs.com Under “Arkansas Agriculture Department”
Closing date: September 26, 2017
STATE’S MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- The formal education equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in animal science, poultry science, livestock management, business or an applicable field: plus two years of experience in the applicable field, including one year in leadership capacity within the agency. OR the formal education equivalent of an associate’s degree in animal science, livestock management, poultry science, business or an applicable field; plus four years of experience in the applicable field, including two years in a leadership capacity within the agency. Must be able to obtain the Arkansas Beef Quality Assurance Program Certification within six months of hire date. Must have completed Certificate of Incident Command System (ICS trainings 100, 200, 300, 400, 700 and 800) from the Arkansas Department of Emergency Management (ADEM) or another certified trainer.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations governing the livestock industry and agency inspections/investigations.
- Knowledge of field and laboratory testing procedures and requirements utilized to determine the existence of diseases.
- Knowledge of safety working procedures with livestock.
- Knowledge of basic supervisory principles and practices.
- Ability to perform inspections/investigations, follow proper procedures, and issue quarantines on infected and exposed livestock.
- Ability to monitor the interstate and intrastate movement of livestock to ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare activity and monitoring reports.
- Ability to gather documentation necessary for prosecution of violators.
- Ability to plan, organize and oversee the work of subordinates.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and make decisions.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations.
Agency Specific Information:
This position will be responsible for working all horse and cattle sales, bleed hogs, chickens, vaccinate calves and completing work for all federal programs in North Central Arkansas. During fair season the inspector will work all county fairs in his area and the state fair and have some overnight travel to complete fair audits. The employee will be required to work on an emergency response for disease, storms and outbreaks across the State.