Position: Agri Inspector I
Agency: Arkansas Livestock & Poultry Commission
Location: Pope, Conway, Johnson, Yell, Perry County Arkansas
STATE’S MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- The formal education equivalent of an associate’s degree in animal science, livestock management, poultry science, business or an applicable field; plus two years of experience in the applicable field. OR The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus three years of experience in applicable field. Additional requirements determined by the agency recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management. Must possess a valid Arkansas driver’s license. LIVESTOCK AND POULTRY COMMISSION: Must have or be able to complete Incident Command System (ICS) training 100, 200, 700, and 800 from the Arkansas Department of Emergency Management (ADEM) or another certified trainer within six months of hire date.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations governing the livestock industry and agency inspections/investigations.
- Knowledge of field and laboratory testing procedures and requirements utilized to determine the existence of diseases.
- Knowledge of safe working procedures with livestock.
- Ability to perform inspections/investigations, follow proper procedures, and issue quarantines on infected and exposed livestock.
- Ability to monitor the interstate and intrastate movement of livestock to ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare activity and monitoring reports.
- Ability to gather documentation necessary for prosecution of violators.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and make decisions.
Agency Specific Information:
This position will be responsible for working all horse and cattle sales, bleed hogs, chickens, vaccinate calves and completing work for all federal programs in central Arkansas. During fair season the inspector will work all county fairs in his area and the state fair and have some overnight travel to complete fair audits. The employee will be required to work on an emergency response for disease, storms and outbreaks across the State.