Agri Inspector I
Agency: Arkansas Livestock & Poultry Commission
Division: Livestock Inspection
Location: Faulkner, Conway, Van Buren, Cleburne, Pope
Position #: 22094679
Arkansas Livestock & Poultry Commission
PO Box 8505
Little Rock, AR 72215
Standard State of Arkansas employment application required.
Apply online: http://www.arstatejobs.com (Under Arkansas Agriculture Department)
Entry Level Salary: $29,046
STATE’S MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus one year of experience in the livestock industry, agriculture, or a related field. Certificate of Incident Command System with the US Department of Agriculture and Home Land Security 100, 200, 700 & 800.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations governing the livestock industry.
- Knowledge of field and laboratory testing procedures and requirements utilized to determine the existence of diseases.
- Knowledge of safety working procedures with livestock.
- Ability to issue quarantines on infected and exposed livestock.
- Ability to monitor the interstate and intrastate movement of livestock to ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare activity and monitoring reports.
- Ability to gather documentation necessary for prosecution of violators.
Agency Specific Information: This position will be responsible for working all horse and cattle sales, bleed hogs, chickens, vaccinate calves and completing work for all federal programs in central Arkansas. During fair season the inspector will work all county fairs in his area and the state fair and have some overnight travel to complete fair audits. The employee will be required to work on an emergency response for disease, storms and outbreaks across the State.