Before you submit your official application to the University of Florida, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with
our faculty research areas and make contact with those individuals with whom you are interested in working. Admission to the SFRC graduate programs is conditional on securing a faculty advisor for your studies; the best method
for contacting potential advisors via email with an attachment of your CV/resume and an explanation of your interest in them.
Once you have identified an advisor, visit the University of Florida Office of Admissions website to begin the formal application process. You will need to provide the following in addition to the online application:
- $30 application fee, paid to the Office of Admissions.
- Official transcripts of all previous academic work. Cumulative GPA of 3.0 is expected.
- Due to current admission examination testing difficulties amid the COVID-19 pandemic, SFRC, in sync with the UF Graduate School, is waiving the GRE requirement for applicants seeking Fall 2020, Spring 2021, Summer A/B/C 2021, or Fall 2021 admission. This temporary emergency waiver applies only to admission for those four semesters.
- Three letters of recommendation from relevant academic or employment colleagues.
- Letter of intent/statement of purpose detailing the areas you wish to study and/or your background.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume.
*Prospective students cannot be accepted, regardless of qualifications, unless an advisor has been identified.
All required documents other than transcripts may be uploaded within the online application system. Transcripts must be sent by your academic institution directly to the UF Office of Admissions.
Incomplete applications will not be considered for admission, however, your graduate application will remain active in the UF system for 12 months, so if needed you may request a change in the term for which you have applied.
The University of Florida Office of Admissions receives over 12,000 applications a year. For this reason, they encourage students to begin the application process at least one year in advance.
- For Fall admission with consideration for financial support, or for international students, please have a complete application submitted prior to January 1 of the same year.
- For Spring admission with consideration of financial support, or for international students, the suggested deadline is September 1.
- Online degree applicants or those not seeking financial support should have complete applications at least 2-3 months prior to the start of the target semester.
Financial support is not guaranteed and should be discussed ahead of time with your potential advisor.
Certificate Program Applications
Students who desire to join a Certificate program rather than a full degree can apply online through the UF Admissions website as well. You are only required to submit official transcripts from previous education and the $37 application fee. Apply now! For Fall admission, apply by mid-July. For Spring admission, apply by mid-November. For Summer admission, apply by mid-April.
Students may enter SFRC undergraduate programs either as freshmen or transfer students. Admission as a freshman is extremely competitive and follows the regular UF application and admissions process.
Transfer students may apply after completing 60 or more credit hours from a community college, junior college, or other 4-year university. An Associate of Arts degree from a Florida institution is preferred, as it will satisfy all of UF’s requirements. Admissions into the program will be based on your performance in the courses listed in the Admissions Guide for your desired major.
Forest Resources and Conservation
Natural Resource Conservation
Connect with an advisor
See also: UF Admissions Application